1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Chat prefixes

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by pietervannes, January 18, 2017.

1. pietervannes

pietervannes

Hello people,

I always seem to struggle with finding out who is from which town. Maybe a chat prefix with the name of you town would be a good solution if that's possible. A different idea could help too of course, but I can't think of one at the moment.

pietervannes

Last edited by a moderator: January 18, 2017
  2. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Deity says there are already too many tags in chat as it is, so won't be adding any more.

You can just "/res info name" to find out what town someone is in.

JWCuber likes this.
  3. pietervannes

pietervannes

The only problem is that when theres many people online that takes quite some time to do for everyone.

4. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    If you have to know where everyone on the server lives all the time, then that's unfortunately something that you'll have to live with. The majority of people that play and have played aren't worried enough about where everyone lives to need something else taking up space in the chat box that isn't needed.

By that way of thinking we might as well put what class everyone is, what kingdom they're in, which mall shop is theirs if they're a merchant, what rank they are in creative, what faction they're in if they play in pvp and their rank in /war. Then we wouldn't need to look anything up for ourselves. :cool:

SharpyArcher and CiljaW like this.
  5. CiljaW

CiljaW

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    CiljaW
    There's also the option to do /t info townname (Ex: /t info Doha )
    In addition to alot of town information, it will also show you who's currently online in the town you look up.

6. SharpyArcher

SharpyArcher

In-Game Name:
    SharpyArcher
    The true solution to this is to get to know people, and make friends. There aren't a ridiculous number of people on here,so get to know people and you should learn where people are from. THat's my advice. Take it with a grain of salt. :p

7. RinaMasahiro

RinaMasahiro

• Vip
    I know this is an older thread, but I did want to make the suggestion - just ask. Throwing out into the chat box a friendly, "Hey, what town are you guys from?" will have the people who want you to know falling over themselves to tell you, and the shy ones won't be forced to reveal anything they don't want to.