1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

deity games item drops

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by broski, June 24, 2012.

1. broski

broski

In-Game Name:
    osamabindamian
    so im loving the deity games but i have one question to ask is it just me or when people die they don't drop anything. if it isn't just me why don't people drop there items when they die

2. Lord__Xemnas

Lord__Xemnas

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Lord__Xemnas
    Items do not drop when someone is killed so it makes it harder, which in my opinion, is a whole lot more fun. If people dropped items when they died then you would have a HUGE advantage over everyone else (being as you now have your stuff and the stuff they gathered.

Here's an example: kevinaguirre450 has an enchanted wood sword and leather pants but comes across iShotNaruto who has leather armor, food, and a diamond sword. kevin surprises iShot and kills him, now he has leather armor, MORE food, and another sword to fight with.

If you were in this Games with him and saw that he had all this would you think it's fair? Most likely no, why, because he had the better stuff to start with and now has even more of an advantage in the Games. They don't have the items respawn because it would be too easy for people to survive and honestly, it wouldn't be as much fun IMO. Think about the "bloodbath" at the beginning of the Games and how much it would change it with your idea.

Example #2: Everyone has just been released from the starting pad and run to the chest. SaintThunder gets the chest with the iron sword in it and starts killing all the people around him. Since they had that stuff "on" them during the death he now has it. So once that is done Saint has collected the iron chestplate, bow, food, and another sword for himself.

This would change SaintThunder's game immensely and most likely get him in the top 3, if not first because of this up front advantage he has against all the others that fled to the woods. The system we have currently makes it to where no one can have such an advantage, keeping it mostly fair to everyone else.

Nohats and ImDeity like this.
  3. broski

broski

In-Game Name:
    osamabindamian
    thx it makes sense to me now thank god deity didn't have item drops now that i have read your explanation

4. recono17

recono17

In-Game Name:
    recono17
    yeh if u could do that it would make a unfair advantage

5. Leviathan_Ziz

Leviathan_Ziz

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    Leviathan_Ziz
    The simple fact that you need to take a risk to kill someone is the reason why you should be awarded with his items, this way the killers get the best gear, just like in the movies, aswell as the simple fact that risk equals reward. Talking about fair is a bit weird in this case, it's pvp, europeans already get a disadvantage in latency, but that doesn't stop anyone from winning the games.

About example 2: Saint Thunder also has the chance to die, especially if he doesn't watch his back.

Also games won't last longer if people have more food, there is not a single game where-in the tie-breaker doesn't occur, so if people have more food when this happens doesn't affect it's time dramaticly, only the few people that would run out of food might be helped by that.

If you want the games to be completely fair, instead of a pvp-fest, why not remove all chests and give everyone a sword, armor and some food to begin with?

Counter-example: I once managed to kill 4 people with a wooden sword, took a huge amount of risk, yet in the end, I was put against a few people with iron armor and iron swords/diamond, I had no chance.

If I hadn't killed the 4 people, one of them probably would have eliminated me.