1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

ImDeity Auction App

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by St_Ajora, November 15, 2014.

?

Do you agree?

1. Yesm' I dun durn like dis idea.

11 vote(s)
    64.7%
  2. Negative sir, I feel this idea is not very good.

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  1. St_Ajora

St_Ajora

• Sponsor
    Making a Auction App for IOS, Android, and/or Windows Phones would let people easily bid on auctions and with the right tags would advertise the server on a huge scale. I do try to promote this server at work when someone buys the PC edition of MC but they are few and far between.

dogwatch likes this.
  2. The_Yogs

The_Yogs

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    The_Yogs
    What is your programming background? If you have the skills to make an app on Android, then you would be a lot more beneficial to general server development.

Bidding for items in auction on our own website isn't even gathering much traction. Making an app for it might not be the best use of your time to be brutally honest.

3. St_Ajora

St_Ajora

• Sponsor
    I have zero programming background lol. I just figured it would be an simple way to let people know about the server and we would all give it a good rating so people looking for Minecraft Apps would be led to the website and more people would join. I have been thinking about learning programming but my life right now is utter chaos so I really can't/won't be able to.

4. The_Yogs

The_Yogs

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    The_Yogs
    I kind of misread your suggestion and thought you were going to make the app, sorry lol. In that case, in my opinion, I would have to say we have greater programming issues to address at the moment that relate more directly to enhancing the server experience for existing players.

Qazz likes this.
  5. St_Ajora

St_Ajora

• Sponsor
    True, I just thought of this and if I didn't put it somewhere I'd have forgotten it.

6. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    Why would you need a special App for bidding on auctions? The Auctions last for 24h, plenty of time to go on your pc and Bid, and if you insist on using your Phone try connecting to imdeity.com/portal wia your phone web browser. The few people the server has in the development team are very busy and can't be bothered to develop an app for 3 platforms to add a feature that is not very needed.

Qazz likes this.
  7. St_Ajora

St_Ajora

• Sponsor
    It was just a suggestions to mainly advertise the server. People looking for Minecraft apps would see it and wonder what ImDeity Server is all about. It's less about what it actually is than what it would do. I understand they are very busy, it was just a thought.

8. Majora_Unmasked

Majora_Unmasked

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    aCrowLookedAtMe
    I did suggest an all around server app a while ago, but it didn't get much support

9. xMachiavellix

xMachiavellix

• Diamond
    I've got a programming background - what does the server need?

10. KILL3RTACO

KILL3RTACO

• Developer
    In-Game Name:
    KILL3RTACO
    An interesting idea, but like others have mentioned:
    • Developing a smartphone app for 2 platforms (not counting Windows phones, sorry) takes time. (As well as money, you need to buy a license for commercial apps - $100/y I think). Even for just one platform that takes time.
    • You can already visit the site with you phone
    • Bidding on an auction doesn't take much time at all, it was never supposed to. Why put hours (days even) worth of time into an app that will probably be used for less than 10 mins each day. (That's a very generous estimate, and that's including all players who would even use it)
    I know it is just a suggestion, which is why I'm kindly saying that I would most likely not support a project like this.

Sephronia and cal34982 like this.