1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Known bugs? Dev suggestions?

Discussion in 'Kingdoms General' started by btarb24, April 5, 2015.

1. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    Howdy folks. It's been a while, but I've started doing a bit of minecraft dev in my free time again. I don't quite have as much time as i did the last time i played so it'll likely be easiest to communicate via forum threads/convos this time around.

I fixed up the horse plugin last night and made a couple other small fixes - i'll make the typical dev blog update once they're deployed. I'm a bit out of touch with what's been going on in game so i'm not quite sure what to work on next. Are there any bugs that you're aware of? Any feature suggestions you may have been holding onto?

Zone, dogwatch, NiceraIzCool and 16 others like this.
  2. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    - Kingdoms plugin (lets call it K2.5) works with no big flaws known to me. I have a list of features to be changed/implemented in K3 but thats for another map reset in two years and first for a discussion about how the server should work.

- We are waiting for Creative plugin fix since christmas, although i heard that Taco has his code ready. Better ask him directly if there is something that needs help.

- Diamond blocks for land protection dont work - i guess there was a separate plugin for these and it isnt updated to 1.8. Can we haz?

- I would like to have a simple client mod that will beep if a message in chat contains specified string of characters. Forge/FML-ready if possible :) Plus chat improvements, basically... can you just update Btarb's ImDeity Modpack to 1.8+ client ?

3. KiddieWish

KiddieWish

In-Game Name:
    KiddieWish
    Bugs:
    • Co-Mayors not receiving noble payments
    • 1.8 Doors/Gates not protected in the Kingdoms plugin
    • /fly rubberbands you when your hunger bar is empty
    Suggestions:
    • Conformation message after you type /auction claim that you need to have space in your inventory for the item(s) and then you type the command again
    • This has been recommended to Deity but if he doesn't do it before you, /t info having the portal page link
    • Creative has been down for months - see if you can talk to Deity about picking this project up
    • Bring back /ignore and /ch leave
    • Probably won't be a popular suggestion: Give new players limited /tpa
    • Putting the the Mine world on a set time to be reset
    • Make the lottery draw a set time
    • You get a message when friends you have added on your friend list get on
    • A small suggestion I saw somewhere on here: setting a message for your /res, sort of an in-game status
    • Workaround for lava/fire placement: plot permissions for fire spread just like in Towny
    • Removal of death messages in-game or make it to where it doesn't appear for a set time after a player dies again. I say this because there are PvP plots on the main world and people don't want to spammed with the messages
    • Disable the use of bow and arrow around capital area
    • Allow players to get back on their house if it's in the capital area
    Things that first came to mind, will post again if I think of anything else

4. BarryX15

BarryX15

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    BarryX15
    This is intentional to prevent claiming triple salary with three co-mayors. Maybe each one can receive 1/2 (if there are two comayors) or 1/3 (if three).

5. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    Just a note on this, Deity was asked about this before and has said he only want 1 person getting the mayors salary. That's why he hasn't worked on a fix. If co-mayors were actually listed as that, rather than just another mayor, he'd have them set to get senior assistant salaries.

6. KiddieWish

KiddieWish

In-Game Name:
    KiddieWish
    Ah, I see.

So if possible, another suggestion would be to list co-mayors as a 'co-mayor' instead of putting them under the mayor slot. I wouldn't mind if they got a Senior Assistant salary

7. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    From what I understood when the suggestion for co-mayors was first started, they would be mayors, but without access to promote/demote the mayor. That's how I have it set up in ts for the town channels. Then that way, Deity could easily set them up to gather a senior assistant salary, or even create a new co-mayor salary that is between senior and mayor.

And since I have this here I'll add my own suggestions.

Ledger tracking when someone joins/leaves a town.
    Ledger tracking of money sent/received through portal.
    Been suggested in suggestions, but something like ledger for mall shop owners to track sales and such. Qazz has more info in her post about it.

Sephronia, BarryX15 and asdfjkll2 like this.
  8. btarb24

btarb24

• Developer
    • Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    btarb24
    There are two separate components to this topic.

In regards to permissions in Kingdoms, all mayors/comayors are considered complete equals. There's not a concept of 'main mayor' and, as such, any comayor can demote all other comayors and thus become the only remaining mayor. Given this, you should only give out comayor status to those that you truly trust your town with.. as it is within their power to become the sole owner of it.

The salary side is handled by a separate component that does not actually run in Minecraft itself. This separate process gets a list of all mayors, but will only give the full payment out to the first mayor in the list. I'm not sure if this is chronological, alphabetical, or some other order. Though, it's my understanding that this process is at least consistent with choosing the same mayor each time payment is rendered.

9. Trekar_Sil

Trekar_Sil

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Trekar_Sil
    Welcome back btarb! Nice to see some progress done. No suggestions here, just a request: hop on when Seph is on and scare the bejeezus out of him. :D

(Screenshots for the NSFW thread required)

10. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    This was the reason that I suggested the co-mayor like I did. Back before there was ever an option to have multiple Mayors, we thought of the idea of having co-mayors. The co-mayors would be just like the senior assistants, except that they would be equivalent to the Mayor in all powers except Promoting other Mayors/co-mayors and demoting the Mayor/co-mayors. Co-mayors would also be like assistants as they wouldn't have to be Noble class, like they have to be with the way it is now.

We thought of it being set up this way for a few reasons. Mayors like me, who wanted Sweet to be co-mayor of the Town, but not have to change off of her Craftsman class. brytton, and quite a few other Mayors, that have made alts in order to create/run the town, but then only ever log into those accounts when they have to make adjustments to the town settings that only the Mayor can do. If they were able to set their main account as a co-mayor, they wouldn't have to go through that extra trouble. Then, the Mayors that need to go inactive for a period due to real life issues, or vacations, etc. They don't want to step down from Mayor, but if they are gone for more than a week or 2 they would almost have to in order for the town to keep running successfully. If they were able to promote a senior assistant to co-mayor, they could take care of things better for them while they're gone. (and they wouldn't have to be a noble in order to do it, so could promote up their towns main craftsman or merchant during that time).

Niall likes this.
  11. Hallideadly

Hallideadly

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Hallideadly
    There was this thing when typing /wild after reset that would suffocate us underground. Not sure if that is fixed but I did it a couple days ago and it put me inside a mountain but fortunately there were a few paths dug out.

12. legoazurp

legoazurp

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    LEGOAP
    Welcome back :D could you do something about creative please?

13. manlywoman

manlywoman

In-Game Name:
    manlywoman
    BarryX15 likes this.
  14. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    That's a misprint in the guide. 15% is the correct amount.

15. Rihue

Rihue

• Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Rihue
    When did it go up?

16. Sephronia

Sephronia

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Sephronia
    As far as I remember, it's been 15% since I've been around, probably longer.

Many thanks,
    Seph

17. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    I believe it was the same time the rank 2 classes were released.

18. Attack_on_Ender

Attack_on_Ender

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Attack_on_Ender
    Wait so there's been a typo that long?

19. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    The old wiki wasn't updated, so when the new guide was made it got transferred over.

20. manlywoman

manlywoman

In-Game Name:
    manlywoman
    BarryX15 likes this.