1. Play on the ImDeity Minecraft Multiplayer server -- Goto the "Multiplayer" section of Minecraft and type "mc.imdeity.com" to join!
    Dismiss Notice

Town Jobs

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Major_Destoryer, May 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Major_Destoryer

Major_Destoryer

Hey as some people may be low on money and its is pretty hard to find gold in the /mine world i was thinking as if there was some kind of way to make it like if there was a way to clear out mountains that are in the ways or to make paths or to be a farmer for the town so that nobody griefs it like what me and NaboNishant found out in Bluewater but we fixed it up as close as it was before. This would prevent anyone from getting mad about it and it also helps so that people may make some money

2. CiljaW

CiljaW

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    CiljaW
    You could always offer in /trade to do such jobs. Some people might want to pay for others to mine away the mountain they don't want, flatten an area, make roads etc.
    About gold. Just keep looking, mine all ores you see, the gold might be hiding behind a piece of coal ore. Also, gold spawn from bedrock to level 32, but are most commonly found on level 5-29.

Lastly, a note about griefs. If you find any griefed areas, either notify town staff, or make a /ticket new message on the area of the grief. Of course, if it's only a few missing blocks and is easily fixed, please do. But larger griefs should be reported.

3. tOPIV

tOPIV

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    tOPIV
    If you mine a long, narrow tunnel and don't use torches, you find a lot of ores. Use enchanted diamond pickaxes to optimize your time. I've been doing this about an hour a day for 3 weeks and I've already made 7 000 dei in gold ore alone. Mining other ores and smelting cobble and iron is also a good source of xp if you're looking to enchant things, and it's a safer way of getting xp than mob hunting.

But the idea of having town jobs is pretty cool. A lot of towns have informally defined jobs; a few assistants are tasked with road building, some residents are paid to collect materials, some get asked to clear forests, etc. Perhaps having a structured system for paying workers would be interesting; that's something a town could do on it's own if the mayor was interested. There's costs and benefits: A structured system of pay would bring a worker a sense of security regarding a steady income, however it may also make the job feel more like an obligation. It's also work for the mayor or town assistants to keep track of salaries. And the town probably can't hire everyone because it's very expensive to run a town even without jobs. But it's a neat idea for mayors to consider if they're interested.

4. RenegadeLuke

RenegadeLuke

I like this idea of jobs is would make the server more entertaining and realistic for me

5. Vershye

Vershye

• Senior Moderator
    • Diamond
    In-Game Name:
    Vershye
    There is nothing stopping the towns from having jobs set up for people. The closest to 'jobs' that the server will regulate are the classes that we already have. Any others are done by the players as needed.

Sephronia likes this.
  6. Steveis3

Steveis3

• Vip
    In-Game Name:
    Steveis3
    I also see this as a good idea, town jobs seem like they would benefit the players with gold and xp, but I'm not so sure that the influx of money would be good for the economy. Also, like vershye said: there's nothing stopping us for making it :p

Major_Destoryer likes this.
  7. MasahiroRina

MasahiroRina

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    MasahiroRina
    I think this should be a decision made independently by the mayors of each town. After all, they can always post jobs on town job boards or what-have-you. Perhaps, however, a warp to a help-wanted bulletin board would be fun - actually, I think it would be more fun to "hide" it in the spawn castle, so to access it one would have to warp to spawn and actually walk to the board. This would increase realistic traffic in the castle, and possibly spawn RPs.

However, given the number of people on the server at any given time, I doubt the traffic the board would get would actually be manageable without a mod. Perhaps it would be better to have individual job boards in each town, for the residents only.

8. AxemanAdvanced3x

AxemanAdvanced3x

I believe it would be hard to put up jobs because .people might get on MC once a day wait a week then get on again. To officiate jobs might be a difficult task, but no I would be down to make the game more realistic. I am loving the way the game is as it is.

9. MasahiroRina

MasahiroRina

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    MasahiroRina
    I realized later that a good place to put jobs if you have them is in the forums (trade subforum, probably the best location). That way you don't have to be logged in or go visit any particular town in-game to see that people have things going on. Also, I will eventually advertise my services there. I build fountains. And solve mysteries.

10. adrigole

adrigole

• Vip
    The cool thing is that with the new custom crafting recipes the items new players can get easily are actually worth more and there might be a demand for them.

11. MasahiroRina

MasahiroRina

• Gold
    In-Game Name:
    MasahiroRina
    Like how Oak Logs were worth 10.5 per 16 until the recent auction spam on them?

12. adrigole

adrigole

• Vip
    Wood has always been in demand. I sell it by the double chest. I also buy it from new people in my town to give them a bit of starting cash.

13. jd101uk

jd101uk

you could open up a bakery (etc) and make easy dei for selling bread and cakes for cheaper dei

14. Camdean2

Camdean2

They should be a butcher

15. jd101uk

jd101uk

good idea :D and a doctor

16. SilentAssassinor

SilentAssassinor

You could set up farms for specific farmers and it would be good :p

17. AlbionYT

AlbionYT

The idea of adding jobs isn't bad, I presume. Maybe Deity could make one, where it has custom jobs, etc. If he's up for it of course.

18. Qazz

Qazz

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Qazz
    There doesn't really need to be a custom plugin for jobs. It's something easily facilitated in /trade and /tell already. Making a plugin would be moot.

Also, this thread is months old.

asdfjkll2 likes this.
  19. Sephronia

Sephronia

• Sponsor
    In-Game Name:
    Sephronia
    Hi all,

As was said earlier, jobs can be either organised by the staff of towns or you can advertise in the Trade channel for jobs you are willing to do. If you are having issues making money, there is a helpful page HERE in the Guide.

This won't be something the server implements but I encourage you to take advantage of the advice given by Ciljaw, Topiv, Vershye, Masahiro and Qazz.

Thread Locked.

Many thanks,
    Seph

asdfjkll2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.